Monday, 18 October 2021

Argentina vs Brazil World Cup Qualifiers Match suspended

Argentina vs Brazil World Cup Qualifiers Match suspended

Argentina vs. Brazil World Cup Qualifiers: Match suspended due to the failure to follow Covid-19 Health Protocols by England-based Argentinian players.

Brazil vs. Argentina Abandoned – FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Match suspended due to the failure of following Covid-19 Health Protocols by English-based Argentinian players. The biggest FIFA World Cup Qualifiers match between Brazil and Argentina got abandoned due to the inability to follow Covid-19 Health and Safety Protocols. The players involved were Emiliano Martinez, Giovani Lo Celso, Cristian Romero, and Emiliano Buendia, four Premier League players who had been in red-listed England before this international break.

Argentina vs. Brazil Abandoned – FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: The dramatic intercession came hours after Brazil’s health authorities have said four England-based players for Argentina had to quarantine.

Moreover, it did not name the four; the players with EPL clubs are Emiliano Martinez and Emiliano Buendia of Aston Villa, and Giovani lo Celso and Cristian Romero of Tottenham Hotspur.

Martinez, Lo Celso, and Romero all started the game in Sao Paulo.

No date for the rearranged fixture got set with Argentina players leaving to prepare for their next World Cup qualifier at home to Bolivia on Friday, 10 September.

Read More: Pakistan announced Squad for WT20

Argentina coach Lionel Scaloni says:

“It makes me very sad. I’m not looking for any culprits. Whether or not something happened, it was not the time to make that arbitration.

“It should have been a celebration for everyone, to enjoy the best players in the world. I want the individuals of Argentina to understand that I have to defend my players as a coach.

“In no time we were notified that they could not play the match. We wanted to play the game, the players from Brazil too.”

Argentina vs. Brazil Abandoned: How it all started:

Argentina vs. Brazil Abandoned: Argentina walked off the field Sunday after only seven minutes of its World Cup against host Brazil after health officials came onto the pitch following coronavirus concerns about three Argentina players.

Argentina has tweeted that the game, which was at 0-0, would not resume.

Antonio Barra Torres, the president of Brazil’s health agency, said four Argentina players would be fined and deported for allegedly not following the country’s COVID-19 protocols.

Four of Argentina’s players from the English Premier League got ordered to quarantine by Brazil’s health agency ahead of the match. Despite that order, three of the four started for Argentina.

Argentina vs. Brazil Abandoned – FIFA World Cup Qualifiers: Aston Villa club players Emiliano Martinez and Emiliano Buendia, and Tottenham players Giovanni Lo Celso and Cristian Romero, came to play for their international team Argentina, despite the Premier League not wanting players to get released for international duty due to the need to quarantine for ten days in a hotel on their return. Now they have been caught up in Brazilian quarantine restrictions.

Martinez, Romero, and Lo Celso started the match. Buendia got not included in the squad.

Follow Us

Popular Post